Getting your own reserved seat on the train can sometimes be a harrowing experience for people. People are often seen squabbling over a seat. There are times when someone even tries to forcefully occupy your reserved seat or forces you to share it with them. Well, in all these cases, the railways provide options to protect passengers from any type of intimidation. Here’s how you can get help from the organization if someone forcibly tries to take your seat.
How to file a complaint?
- To release the seat while complaining of an unauthorized passenger, you must go to the Railway Madad website. You can click here https://railmadad.indianrailways.gov.in directly
- Here you need to enter the mobile number
- After that click on Send OTP
- Now the OTP you received on your mobile will need to be entered
- You enter the PNR number of your ticket reservation
- Now select your complaint by clicking on the Type option
- Then select the date of the incident
- You can also write your complaint in detail
- After that click on submit button
If you cannot file a complaint online, you can also file a complaint using the Rail Helpline number 139.
Also Read: 10 Untold Facts About India’s First Tribal President Draupadi Murmu